Attorney Bob Keefer
Fighting for Your Rights as a Motorist
Reckless Driving Lawyer in Harrisonburg
Providing Effective & Experienced Representation
If you have been charged with reckless driving in Virginia, you need strong representation right away to fight these accusations. By Virginia law, reckless driving is described as any type of driving that endangers limb, life, or property, or is deemed to be carelessly fast.
Driving recklessly by way of speeding is usually charged when an individual drives 20 miles over the speed limit or over 80 miles per hour, regardless of the speed limit.
Drivers may also be charged with reckless driving if they:
- Pass an emergency vehicle that has its lights or siren on
- Drive a vehicle without adequately adjusted brakes
- Drive too fast for the road or weather conditions
For more information about reckless driving in Virginia and how we can help you, please call us today at (540) 433-6906 to set up a free case evaluation with our reckless driving lawyer in Harrisonburg.
Penalties for Driving Recklessly
A conviction for reckless driving in the state of Virginia will result in a Class 1 misdemeanor on your record. This conviction classification is the same given to those convicted of DUI, simple assault, and marijuana possession. The consequences of a conviction are extremely steep and far-reaching.
If convicted, you could face:
- Fines of up to $2,500
- Up to one year in jail
- Six demerit points added to your driving record
- Suspended driving privileges for up to six months
- An inability to apply for loans, find housing, and get a job
If you were driving while your license was suspended or revoked from a previous offense or if your driving resulted in the death of another individual and you are convicted of reckless driving, you could face a Class 6 felony conviction as opposed to a misdemeanor.
The consequences of this type of conviction are much more severe and you could face extensive probation, exorbitant fines, 1 to 3 years of a suspended license, and even 1 to 20 years in prison.
You may also face reckless driving charges for any of the following:
- Driving an overloaded vehicle that interferes with visibility and/or driving control
- Passing a school bus that is stopped to pick up or drop off children
- Racing with another vehicle
- Vehicle not under control
- General reckless driving
Contact Keefer Law Firm
Our reckless driving lawyer in Harrisonburg has more than 30 years of experience with fighting these types of charges. As a result, we have a firm grasp of Virginia’s traffic laws as well as the related procedures and paperwork.
Our attorney can efficiently guide you throughout the legal process while ensuring your rights are protected and fighting for your best interests. You can count on us to help you resolve your traffic charges in a timely and professional manner.
To schedule a completely free case evaluation with our reckless driving lawyer in Harrisonburg, you can either call us today at (540) 433-6906 or contact us online.
Our Clients Think Highly of Us.
Read What They Have to Say.
“I can not express the words of how glad and thankful I am to you.”
“Thank you again for all your help.”
“Thanks for the fantastic job you’ve done legally as well as just the personal support you gave me during that time.”
“We greatly appreciate his assistance.”
“It all went exactly as he told me with no fuss or surprises.”
“He was very understanding and we felt very confident in the way he was handling everything.”
“He knows his stuff!!!”
“Bob is a man of integrity and will honestly guide you through the process of pros and cons of your case.”
“JOB WELL DONE!!!”
“His expertise and experience in navigating the legal shoals and mastering scientific evidence in DUI cases resulted in a reduction of charges!”
“Unlike others who just promise you, Bob actually gets the job done.”
“I could not have asked for a better result”
“He portrayed a realistic picture of outcomes for my case and was as honest with me as I would expect any professional to be.”
“He did a great job representing me in court!”
“They are fairly priced, very competent, professionals.”
When You Need a Traffic Lawyer,
Keefer Law Firm Can Help.
- Attorney Keefer is one of the few people in Virginia to call himself a NHTSA Certified Field Sobriety Instructor.
- He has completed the DOT Certified Breath Technician course on the EC/IR II, Virginia’s breath tester for evidence.
- He was a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the National College for DUI Defense.
- Attorney Keefer has more than 30 years of experience providing legal representation throughout Virginia.
- Our office contains the Alco-Sensor III, which is also used by law enforcement for preliminary breath testing.
- We offer free consultations for traffic offense and DUI cases.