Attorney Bob Keefer
Dedicated DUI Defense Representation
DUI Attorney in Harrisonburg
Charged with Driving Under the Influence of Drugs?
In the state of Virginia, it is illegal to drive a vehicle while you are under the influence of any type of drug that could make you incapable of operating a vehicle, regardless of whether the drug is legal or illegal. If you are pulled over by law enforcement and they suspect that you are under the influence, you could face an arrest, after which you will be asked to take a urine or blood test.
What Drugs Can I Be Arrested for?
Even a prescription medication like fever medication or a sleeping pill, which was legally prescribed to you, could lead to legal repercussions. At Keefer Law Firm, our Harrisonburg DUI lawyer represents cases involving allegations of driving under the influence of drugs.
Call us today at (540) 433-6906 to make an appointment for a free case consultation.
Fighting DUI for Drug Charges in Virginia
Many people believe that a driver can only face DUI charges for driving while under the influence of alcohol or illegal narcotics. However, any type of substance that can affect your sensory abilities and reaction time can lead to charges of DUI if you are considered to be impaired. There are a number of ways in which law enforcement may try to prove that you were under the influence, such as with a field sobriety test or a chemical test, or even with paraphernalia.
A few examples of the strategies we may use to prove your innocence include:
- Mishandled urine sample or blood test
- Inaccurate drug test results
- Improperly administered drug test
- Improperly administered field sobriety test
- Unlawful arrest
- Illegal search
Are you interested in setting up a case evaluation with a knowledgeable Harrisonburg DUI attorney from Keefer Law Firm? Please contact us now at (540) 433-6906 to get started.
Our Clients Think Highly of Us.
Read What They Have to Say.
“I can not express the words of how glad and thankful I am to you.”
“Thank you again for all your help.”
“Thanks for the fantastic job you’ve done legally as well as just the personal support you gave me during that time.”
“We greatly appreciate his assistance.”
“It all went exactly as he told me with no fuss or surprises.”
“He was very understanding and we felt very confident in the way he was handling everything.”
“He knows his stuff!!!”
“Bob is a man of integrity and will honestly guide you through the process of pros and cons of your case.”
“JOB WELL DONE!!!”
“His expertise and experience in navigating the legal shoals and mastering scientific evidence in DUI cases resulted in a reduction of charges!”
“Unlike others who just promise you, Bob actually gets the job done.”
“I could not have asked for a better result”
“He portrayed a realistic picture of outcomes for my case and was as honest with me as I would expect any professional to be.”
“He did a great job representing me in court!”
“They are fairly priced, very competent, professionals.”
When You Need a Traffic Lawyer,
Keefer Law Firm Can Help.
- Attorney Keefer is one of the few people in Virginia to call himself a NHTSA Certified Field Sobriety Instructor.
- He has completed the DOT Certified Breath Technician course on the EC/IR II, Virginia’s breath tester for evidence.
- He was a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the National College for DUI Defense.
- Attorney Keefer has more than 30 years of experience providing legal representation throughout Virginia.
- Our office contains the Alco-Sensor III, which is also used by law enforcement for preliminary breath testing.
- We offer free consultations for traffic offense and DUI cases.