Updated on March 19th, 2019 at 01:49 pm
Attorney Bob Keefer
Dedicated DUI Defense Representation
- Dedicated DUI Defense Representation
- Fight DUI Charges in Harrisonburg
- Providing Effective & Efficient Representation
- Virginia DUI Driver’s License Suspensions
- Virginia DUI Conviction Consequences
- Jurisdictions Where We Routinely Represent Those Charged with DUI
- Contact Us Today
- Read What They Have to Say.
Fight DUI Charges in Harrisonburg
Providing Effective & Efficient Representation
At Keefer Law Firm, our DUI lawyer in Harrisonburg understands that the DUI laws in Virginia are among the toughest in the nation. If you have been arrested for DUI, there are several things you need to do before you and your lawyer even go to court the first time.
You should never agree to plead guilty to a DUI in Virginia without having a defense lawyer to represent you. Accepting the first plea offer made, without performing any defense-oriented investigation, will carry lifetime consequences for you. Pleading guilty to a DUI simply to be done with the case will result in, among other things, loss of security clearance, inability to obtain certain types of employment, inability to travel to certain countries, inability to rent a car, and much more.
To learn more about DUI laws in Virginia and how our Harrisonburg drunk driving lawyer in can help you, contact us online or call us at (540) 433-6906 for your free case evaluation.
Virginia DUI Driver’s License Suspensions
You do not need to be convicted in order to lose your driver’s license after a DUI arrest. All DUI cases in this state follow two simultaneous paths – a criminal and a civil case. The criminal case works its way through the court while the civil case begins when we file a challenge of your automatic license suspension. You can keep your driver’s license while we challenge the automatic suspension.
Virginia DUI Conviction Consequences
A conviction in a Virginia DUI case has serious, lifetime consequences that many people who simply plead guilty may not understand.
- Loss of security clearance
- Inability to travel to certain countries
- And inability to rent a car
Virginia courts are not required to tell you all of these consequences before you plead guilty.
Jurisdictions Where We Routinely Represent Those Charged with DUI
We routinely represent those charged with DUI in Rockingham County, Augusta County, Page County, Shenandoah County, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Luray, and Woodstock. We can travel to other Virginia locations as well.
If you have been stopped or arrested for DUI or any traffic crime, call our DUI lawyer in Harrisonburg right now at (540) 433-6906 for a free, no obligation case evaluation.
Our Clients Think Highly of Us.
Read What They Have to Say.
“I can not express the words of how glad and thankful I am to you.”
“Thank you again for all your help.”
“Thanks for the fantastic job you’ve done legally as well as just the personal support you gave me during that time.”
“We greatly appreciate his assistance.”
“It all went exactly as he told me with no fuss or surprises.”
“He was very understanding and we felt very confident in the way he was handling everything.”
“He knows his stuff!!!”
“Bob is a man of integrity and will honestly guide you through the process of pros and cons of your case.”
“JOB WELL DONE!!!”
“His expertise and experience in navigating the legal shoals and mastering scientific evidence in DUI cases resulted in a reduction of charges!”
“Unlike others who just promise you, Bob actually gets the job done.”
“I could not have asked for a better result”
“He portrayed a realistic picture of outcomes for my case and was as honest with me as I would expect any professional to be.”
“He did a great job representing me in court!”
“They are fairly priced, very competent, professionals.”
When You Need a Traffic Lawyer,
Keefer Law Firm Can Help.
- Attorney Keefer is one of the few people in Virginia to call himself a NHTSA Certified Field Sobriety Instructor.
- He has completed the DOT Certified Breath Technician course on the EC/IR II, Virginia’s breath tester for evidence.
- He was a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the National College for DUI Defense.
- Attorney Keefer has more than 30 years of experience providing legal representation throughout Virginia.
- Our office contains the Alco-Sensor III, which is also used by law enforcement for preliminary breath testing.
- We offer free consultations for traffic offense and DUI cases.