Attorney Bob Keefer
Fighting for Your Rights as a Motorist
- Fighting for Your Rights as a Motorist
- Fight Distracted Driving Charges in Harrisonburg
- Effective Defense Against Traffic Offenses
- Distracted Driving Laws in Virginia
- What Are the Penalties for Distracted Driving?
- Protecting Your Rights & Your Future
- Contact Us Today
- Read What They Have to Say.
Fight Distracted Driving Charges in Harrisonburg
Effective Defense Against Traffic Offenses
Many people take traffic tickets lightly, assuming that they can just pay them and they will go away. However, paying any type of traffic ticket is considered a guilty plea and does not give you the opportunity to fight the charge. Distracted driving is a common charge which can cover a wide range of actions, from texting and driving to eating while driving. At Keefer Law Firm, we understand the seriousness of the charges you are facing and can fight them effectively.
Contact us today at (540) 433-6906 to request a free consultation with a Harrisonburg distracted driving lawyer.
Distracted Driving Laws in Virginia
In the state of Virginia, the use of a cell phone or any other type of electronic device while driving is illegal. This is one of the most common causes of preventable accidents, especially those which occur in areas where the lanes are narrow or in construction zones.
Distracted driving can also encompass the following actions:
- Cell phone use
- Talking to passengers
- Using maps
- Using the radio
- Using a navigation system
What Are the Penalties for Distracted Driving?
If you are caught driving while talking on the phone or texting, it can lead to civil negligence charges and a small fine. However, subsequent offenses can lead to larger fines and even license suspension. If an accident occurs and you are accused of causing the accident by being distracted, you could be facing far more extensive penalties. In the rare cases that distracted driving leads to injury or death, you could find yourself facing criminal negligence charges.
Protecting Your Rights & Your Future
The difference between civil and criminal negligence can often be fuzzy in the eyes of the law and these types of decisions are left to the judge, which is why having a skilled Harrisonburg distracted driving attorney on your side is essential. At Keefer Law Firm, are here to represent your best interests and protect your rights.
Contact us now at (540) 433-6906 to set up a free consultation with our distracted driving lawyer in Harrisonburg.
Our Clients Think Highly of Us.
Read What They Have to Say.
“I can not express the words of how glad and thankful I am to you.”
“Thank you again for all your help.”
“Thanks for the fantastic job you’ve done legally as well as just the personal support you gave me during that time.”
“We greatly appreciate his assistance.”
“It all went exactly as he told me with no fuss or surprises.”
“He was very understanding and we felt very confident in the way he was handling everything.”
“He knows his stuff!!!”
“Bob is a man of integrity and will honestly guide you through the process of pros and cons of your case.”
“JOB WELL DONE!!!”
“His expertise and experience in navigating the legal shoals and mastering scientific evidence in DUI cases resulted in a reduction of charges!”
“Unlike others who just promise you, Bob actually gets the job done.”
“I could not have asked for a better result”
“He portrayed a realistic picture of outcomes for my case and was as honest with me as I would expect any professional to be.”
“He did a great job representing me in court!”
“They are fairly priced, very competent, professionals.”
When You Need a Traffic Lawyer,
Keefer Law Firm Can Help.
- Attorney Keefer is one of the few people in Virginia to call himself a NHTSA Certified Field Sobriety Instructor.
- He has completed the DOT Certified Breath Technician course on the EC/IR II, Virginia’s breath tester for evidence.
- He was a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the National College for DUI Defense.
- Attorney Keefer has more than 30 years of experience providing legal representation throughout Virginia.
- Our office contains the Alco-Sensor III, which is also used by law enforcement for preliminary breath testing.
- We offer free consultations for traffic offense and DUI cases.