Updated on May 31st, 2019 at 04:41 pm
Attorney Bob Keefer
Fighting for Your Rights as a Motorist
- Fighting for Your Rights as a Motorist
- Reckless Driving Lawyer Serving Woodstock, VA
- Experienced DUI & Traffic Ticket Law Firm
- Examples of Reckless Driving
- What Are the Penalties in Virginia for Reckless Driving?
- Speak to a Legal Advocate at Keefer Law Firm
- Read What They Have to Say.
Reckless Driving Lawyer Serving Woodstock, VA
Experienced DUI & Traffic Ticket Law Firm
When you neglect the safety of others on the road while you are behind the wheel, you can end up facing charges for reckless driving. Reckless driving covers more than just accident scenarios, in fact, a person doesn’t even need to be involved in an accident with another vehicle to be charged with reckless driving. Being charged with reckless driving carries major consequences that can seriously impede your life, which is why you need to consult with an experienced traffic offense attorney if you have been given a ticket or arrested for reckless driving.
Call 540) 237-1737 to speak with our legal professionals in Woodstock to get assistance with your case today.
Examples of Reckless Driving
The following are common reckless driving offenses our law firm handles:
- Driving above the posted speed limit
- Running a red light or stop sign and endangering others
- Passing an emergency vehicle that has its lights or siren on
- Driving a vehicle with faulty brakes
- Driving too fast for the road or weather conditions
- Driving while you are under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Intentionally failing to yield the right-of-way at a crosswalk or intersection
- Racing other cars through city streets
- Passing a school bus while it is stopped
- Driving an overloaded vehicle that interferes with visibility or control
What Are the Penalties in Virginia for Reckless Driving?
Reckless driving is a Class 1 misdemeanor in the state of Virginia. To compare, convictions for DUI, simple assault, and marijuana possession are also classified under this category of misdemeanor. The consequences of reckless driving can be substantial and far-reaching.
A reckless driving conviction can result in the following things:
- Expensive fines that can cost up to $2,500
- Up to one year jail sentence
- Suspension of your driver’s license for six months
- Six demerit points added to your driving record
- Difficulty obtaining loans, as well as finding housing and gainful employment
Speak to a Legal Advocate at Keefer Law Firm
Have you been ticketed for reckless driving? If so, you should get in touch with our legal professionals to discuss the details of your case. At the Keefer Law Firm, we’ve been taking on reckless driving cases on behalf of clients in Woodstock for more than 30 years. Our legal team is prepared to put our experience to work for you and efficiently guide you through every aspect of your case. Our goal is to protect your rights and fight for your best interests.
Schedule your free case evaluation with a Woodstock traffic offense lawyer. Call (540) 237-1737 today!
Our Clients Think Highly of Us.
Read What They Have to Say.
“I can not express the words of how glad and thankful I am to you.”
“Thank you again for all your help.”
“Thanks for the fantastic job you’ve done legally as well as just the personal support you gave me during that time.”
“We greatly appreciate his assistance.”
“It all went exactly as he told me with no fuss or surprises.”
“He was very understanding and we felt very confident in the way he was handling everything.”
“He knows his stuff!!!”
“Bob is a man of integrity and will honestly guide you through the process of pros and cons of your case.”
“JOB WELL DONE!!!”
“His expertise and experience in navigating the legal shoals and mastering scientific evidence in DUI cases resulted in a reduction of charges!”
“Unlike others who just promise you, Bob actually gets the job done.”
“I could not have asked for a better result”
“He portrayed a realistic picture of outcomes for my case and was as honest with me as I would expect any professional to be.”
“He did a great job representing me in court!”
“They are fairly priced, very competent, professionals.”
When You Need a Traffic Lawyer,
Keefer Law Firm Can Help.
- Attorney Keefer is one of the few people in Virginia to call himself a NHTSA Certified Field Sobriety Instructor.
- He has completed the DOT Certified Breath Technician course on the EC/IR II, Virginia’s breath tester for evidence.
- He was a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the National College for DUI Defense.
- Attorney Keefer has more than 30 years of experience providing legal representation throughout Virginia.
- Our office contains the Alco-Sensor III, which is also used by law enforcement for preliminary breath testing.
- We offer free consultations for traffic offense and DUI cases.