Updated on September 21st, 2022 at 07:41 pm
Staunton Traffic Ticket Lawyer
It’s tempting to pay a traffic ticket and continue living like nothing happened. Unfortunately, there are often some serious consequences that will follow depending on your traffic offense. For instance, repeat traffic offenders or reckless driving charges that lead to injury, death, or property damage can result in jail time, hefty fines, license suspension or revocation, and an increase in insurance premiums.
The good thing is there’s a knowledgeable Staunton traffic ticket lawyer that you can consult about your options. Attorney Robert Franklin Keefer has been practicing traffic law for almost 40 years, with success stories from out-of-state drivers and Northern Virginia residents under his belt.
Bob is approved by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and has the tools necessary to fight DUI charges.
Is Pre-paying a Traffic Ticket Admission of Guilt?
- How Do You Beat a Speeding Ticket in Virginia?
- Why Choose Keefer Law Firm for VA Traffic Infractions
- Protect Your Driving Privileges
- Our Clients Think Highly of Us.
- Read What They Have to Say.
- When You Need a Traffic Lawyer,
Yes, pre-paying a traffic ticket is an admission of guilt and may result in a conviction. Before you pre-pay, you must understand the charges against you and the potential consequences.
Types of Traffic Offenses in Staunton, Virginia
Traffic offenses in Staunton are classified as infractions, misdemeanors, or felonies. Although traffic infractions are less serious than misdemeanors and felonies, they still have serious consequences.
Common traffic infractions include:
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Running red lights
- Improper turns
- improper driving
- Failing to yield
- Ignoring lane markings and highway signs.
Misdemeanor traffic violations include:
- Reckless driving ticket
- Driving with a revoked or suspended license
Traffic offense felonies include:
- Third offense DUIs
- Hit and run accidents resulting an injury or death
How Do You Beat a Speeding Ticket in Virginia?
You can opt for a plea deal where the speed is reduced, and you earn fewer demerit points. However, this requires you to plead guilty to the charge, and the demerit points have lasting consequences, including license suspension and increased insurance rates.
Alternatively, you can contest the speeding ticket in court for a dismissal. With the high number of speeding cases courts handle daily, you should make your point fast and provide strong evidence supporting your case. Working with Keefer Law Firm traffic ticket attorneys offers you the best opportunity for reduced charges.
How Many Points is a Speeding Ticket in Staunton?
Driving 5 mph over the set speed limit earns a driver three demerit points. Speeding for 20+ mph over the speed limit and reckless driving earns a driver six demerit points on their license.
How Many Points Does it Take to Lose Your License in VA?
Your driving license may be suspended when you accrue 12 points in one year or 18 points in 2 years. In these situations, you must complete a driver improvement clinic in 90 days to prevent suspension.
However, your driver’s license is automatically suspended if you accumulate 18 points in one year and 24 points in two years. In this situation, your driver’s license is suspended for 90 days. To have your license reinstated, you must attend a driver improvement clinic.
Why Choose Keefer Law Firm for VA Traffic Infractions
Here’s why Keefer Law Firm is your best chance of reducing or eliminating the charges against you.
- We are knowledgeable and experienced in Implementing effective defense strategies – our Staunton traffic ticket lawyers could help build your case and create an effective defense including equipment malfunction, insufficient proof, or errors by law enforcement officers.
- We save you money – high demerit points on your driving record leads to costly criminal traffic offense fines and harsh punishment. By reducing the charges against you and penalties, our knowledgeable traffic ticket attorney saves you money in the long run.
- We’ll gather evidence on your behalf – gathering evidence is difficult and time-consuming for drivers since they lack access to many sources.
- We Seek Alternative Penalties – We are adept in penalty negotiations and reduced charges.
At Keefer Law Firm, we’ll evaluate your case and develop the best strategy for your most favorable outcome. Contact traffic attorney Bob Keefer at (540) 433-6906 or use our contact form to schedule a free consultation today.
Our Clients Think Highly of Us.
Read What They Have to Say.
“I can not express the words of how glad and thankful I am to you.”
“Thank you again for all your help.”
“Thanks for the fantastic job you’ve done legally as well as just the personal support you gave me during that time.”
“We greatly appreciate his assistance.”
“It all went exactly as he told me with no fuss or surprises.”
“He was very understanding and we felt very confident in the way he was handling everything.”
“He knows his stuff!!!”
“Bob is a man of integrity and will honestly guide you through the process of pros and cons of your case.”
“JOB WELL DONE!!!”
“His expertise and experience in navigating the legal shoals and mastering scientific evidence in DUI cases resulted in a reduction of charges!”
“Unlike others who just promise you, Bob actually gets the job done.”
“I could not have asked for a better result”
“He portrayed a realistic picture of outcomes for my case and was as honest with me as I would expect any professional to be.”
“He did a great job representing me in court!”
“They are fairly priced, very competent, professionals.”
When You Need a Traffic Lawyer,
Keefer Law Firm Can Help.
- Attorney Keefer is one of the few people in Virginia to call himself a NHTSA Certified Field Sobriety Instructor.
- He has completed the DOT Certified Breath Technician course on the EC/IR II, Virginia’s breath tester for evidence.
- He was a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the National College for DUI Defense.
- Attorney Keefer has more than 30 years of experience providing legal representation throughout Virginia.
- Our office contains the Alco-Sensor III, which is also used by law enforcement for preliminary breath testing.
- We offer free consultations for traffic offense and DUI cases.